Last year I did 2 weeks of Holiday Gift Guides and this year I wanted to do something a little different. Each person who participated this year offers something very unique that Im sure you will love. Not only will this give you a chance to see something you may want to add to your Holiday wish list but something you may want to give to someone else. Plus you have the chance to win each item!
Our Lil’ Bowtique, a mother daughter team, specialize in personalized, hand made items including custom shirts for all occasions, headbands and bows. We specialize in embroidery and monogramming, but we offer vinyl and heat pressed projects as well. We love our customers’ creative ideas and we enjoy working with you to make your vision come out the way you want. Let Our Lil’ Bowtique design and create your speciality holiday or birthday screen print or embroidered shirts and you will not be dissapointed! We would love to offer all of Neely’s readers 15% off their purchases! Please use the code: neely15
Tonight A and I are going to see one of my all time favorite bands. Im talking way back to middle school favorite bands. Third Eye Blind. Let me refresh your memory…
The day I graduated high school I was on my way to get my hair done and I def blasted this song in my car
This song always reminds me of friendships lost and breakups…
This song had a lot of meaning to me in my college days
But this, this one is my absolute all time favorite
I’ve looked at the set list and I will be hearing all of these songs so I am pumped!
Whats your favorite band from early in your music years that no matter what will always be a favorite?
I figured today is a good day to discuss Festivus(for the rest of us) and the airing of grievances.
In this post I will air my blogging grievances or general internet grievances
1. “Big” bloggers that do not respond to “smaller” bloggers. I put those in quotations because I do not believe in some kind of blogger hierarchy that some people think exists. I have messaged, emailed and tweeted “bigger” bloggers and they do not respond…RUDE!
2. Making posts entirely out of GIFs…stop. Just stop. I read buzzfeed I dont need you to regurgitate buzzfeed in your blog post …k thanks.
3. Airing your grievances with other bloggers on the twit…aint no one got time for that
4. Only tweeting links, instagram, check ins etc. We want to read about your day. Even if you tweet that you ate your feelings in a bag of peanut butter cups we wan to read about it. Just be you. Don’t try to always focus on the money part.
5. BUT..don’t be afraid to tweet for help. Do you need a blog post shared? Tell us. But remember if you want help, return the favor cause nothing is more annoying than asking for help and hearing crickets …..makes me sad faced.
6. Do not only do link ups or sponsored posts…post some real shiz in there. Tell us about your kids, husband, weekend, share a recipe, tell us about what bothers you, what irks you, that random story from high school. Put some you in that blog!
7. Having constant conversations on twitter…take that shit to an email or text…we dont need to see 30 tweets back and forth while you decide where you are meeting for dinner
8. SPOILER ALERTS: I have done this so this is for me too…lets all try to be better about realizing we all live in different time zones and some people have to DVR shows…try not to spoil this weeks Scandal for everyone. Me included
9. Be nice: Lets just stop being bitches k. I remember at Bloggy Boot Camp hearing that if girls could just stop being mean to one another we could rule the world. Support each other but stop hating. So someone else had a similar idea for a post, or a link up or someone else got a campaign you wanted or got to review an item you wanted to review. BIG EFFING DEAL! There is plenty to go around. Be nice. Be supportive. Congratulate them. Stop being mean! Karma people Karma.
Now below please share your grievances for the interwebs as well
One Year Ago Today
I put on some skinny jeans, some red flats, a blue sweater and my brave face. I met a guy at Glorias with high hopes and my best lipgloss.
I got there first or so I thought. Truth be told I would later found out he was there first and saw me walk in.
We met for lunch at 1 PM. After lunch we walked over to a bar to watch the SEC championship game where I would discover he was not a sports person. We had a few drinks and went out separate ways. Beforehand though we bought movie tickets for a date later in the week.
That date was a Saturday the next date was a Thursday. By Monday night we knew we couldn’t wait till Thursday so we made plans to have dinner on Tuesday.
The rest is history.
We have spent the last year falling in love, going on vacations, moving in together, starting a life together, looking at engagement rings, getting to know each others families and friends and having the best of times together.
I couldn’t ask for a better person to spend my life with.
A you are an amazing man. You make me laugh when I want to cry, you make me smile with the littlest things and simplest actions. You surprise me constantly with how thoughtful and caring you are and I love how much fun we have together even when we are just goofing around. Thank you for being you and letting me be me. You are so brilliant, kind, caring, cute, fun, sexy and amazing. I am so blessed you are mine. Happy One Year Anniversary Lovebug. I cant wait to see what the rest of our lives have in store.