This past Sunday I briefly listed the following goals as I try not to make resolutions and goals seem more manageable. Today I want to go more in depth with my 2013 New Years Goals and explain my goals mainly so I can look back and keep myself accountable but also maybe you have similar ones too.
1. Read 12 books: This sounds like not that many. But I work around 80 hours a week on my blog/business so honestly if I can finish one a month I would be super pumped and thrilled. I already have them all downloaded and ready to go. Plus I plan to re read The Happiness Project.
2. Fight Right: In the Happiness Project she talks about fighting right. Not blaming people, listening and trying to see both points of view. No matter if its a family member, friend, acquaintance, co-worker, lover etc.
3. Be there for my friends more: I know I am a good friend. I want to spend more time with my friends especially Amber and Kiley. I feel like its so few and far between that the 3 of us can have our schedules work so I am going to make more of an effort with all of my friends to make sure I see them more.
4. Spend more time with my parents and grandparents and cousins: I see my family a lot more than a lot of people. My mom and I need to get back to our weekly mother daughter dates which Is just as much my responsibility as hers. I love spending one on one time with my dad and having brunch with him so I want to make sure we do that more. I need to stop by my grandparents who’s high rise I pass almost daily and even if its just to say hi. I call them twice a week to chat but I need to see them more. My cousins and I are all close in age and lately we have been planning lots of mani/pedi, brunch, shopping, wine nights so I just want to continue that and be closer wit my cousins now that we are all in our late 20’s early 30’s. They are such great girls and I love them so much.
5. Work out 5-6 times a week( usually do this anyway but want to keep it up): Self explanatory here. I want to get back to doing Bar Method 3 times a week, running twice a week and having my 6th day be something fun like yoga, pilates, or zumba.
6. Let A teach me how to cook He is an amazing cook and has cooked me these really wonderful home made things. I do not cook. I mean sure I CAN cook and I know how to cook some things but I hate doing it. So I told him he could teach me more about how to cook
7. Have my business grow twice as much as it did in 2012: My LLC will be official in a few short days. Then its on. I am a business owner. Thats really fucking scary. I am responsible for the rise or fall of my business. I didn’t start taking money for my blog til last January and in one year it grew every month and sometimes twice as much as the month before. I also freelance wrote a ton and took on several freelance social media clients. Now there is a company. I will share more when its official
8. Have an article published in a Magazine: I have had articles published on online magazines, the Dallas Morning News and now my next goal is a Magazine. Not just a local one but Glamour, Self, etc. Its going to happen. I will make it happen.
9. Finish my two eBooks: One I am writing with a friend, one on my own. I want both of these done this year. Would you buy them? They are both about blogging
10. Travel More: A and I are going to San Diego in April for our birthdays. Possibly a Chicago trip in July, and Hawaii in August/Sept. I am also attending a blogging conference in Arizona, one in Chicago and probably one in New York. My goal is one trip a month.
What are your goals this year?