This article is sponsored by REPREVE
What is REPREVE you ask? ”REPREVE is a recycled fiber that helps turn plastic bottles you recycle into cool stuff you can wear and use every day. Now there’s no excuse not to recycle!”
I bet you have at least one item in your home that uses REPREVE
A lot of brands you love use REPREVE to make their products greener:
• Volcom graphic t-shirts are made with REPREVE, using 2 recycled plastic bottles.
• One Patgonia fleece jacket with REPREVE has 40 recycled plastic bottles, so you can be a real “active-ist.”
• Life Khaki by Haggar uses REPREVE to put 7 recycled plastic bottles in every pair of pants; so wear what you believe.
Other brands made with REPREVE: The North Face, Polartec, Patagonia, Beija-Flor, Lauren Conrad’s XO(eco) by Blue Avocado, Swiftwick socks, and more.
Check out how awesome I am wearing my REPREVE beanie and talking about how cool it is
Here are also my personal top 5 Tips for living a green lifestyle:
1. I use a reusable water bottle so I am not wasting plastic bottles all the time. I love it! Its a cute tervis tumbler and it lasts FOREVER!
2. I do not leave unnecessary lights on. I try to keep blinds open as much as possible during the day and use natural light to save on electricity and because I really just prefer natural light to having a ton of lights on in the house.
3. Turn off the water when you brush your teeth people! You do not need to keep the water running!!!
4. Showers over baths! I know baths are fun and all but you just use so much unnecessary water!
5. Reusable grocery bags as much as possible! There are some super stylish ones on the market!
Now for some more fun news!
REPREVE is also partnering with the X-Games this year!
REPREVE will take recycling to new heights with a special green event at the 2014 Winter X Games Aspen (Jan. 23-26, 2014).
Professional snowboarder Elena Hight, REPREVE’s brand ambassador, will compete in the Women’s Superpipe in a bright green Volcom jacket made with REPREVE (from 50 recycled plastic bottles). REPREVE will hand out free beanies (6 recycled plastic bottles) to fans at the Women’s Final Superpipe event, to wear and line the pipe with REPREVE green.
It’s not just about free swag, though. This is an event with a serious mission: to show the world that we have to get everybody involved in recycling—to create a reprieve for the planet.
Make sure you check out the awesome contest REPREVE has going on!
#TurnItGreen X Games contest:
Dates: Jan. 1-31
Grand Prize: $5,000 cash
To celebrate the X Games, REPREVE invites participants to share how they “turn it green”, or how they live a more sustainable life by recycling or reusing materials, by sharing an image or video on Twitter, Instagram or Vine with the #TurnItGreen hashtag
I’m so excited to partner with REPREVE in this sponsored post and share with you how to #TurnItGreen!